If this is your first Karoo Mighty Men Conference (KMMC), here is a basic guideline for you:
FREE ENTRANCE: Everyone is invited to attend FREE OF CHARGE. There will be NO Tickets and NO Conference or Camping Fees. The costs to host the conference will be covered by donations. There will be offering drums at the event for donations. Anyone wishing to make online payments can do so directly into the Karoo Mighty Men Trust account, which can be found under the ‘Donations’ webpage.
MENS CAMP: KMMC is specifically focused on the men: grandfathers, fathers and sons. The facilities cater for men only, and woman are therefore not allowed in the campsite. Women are however invited to join us with their families for the Sunday session at the stage area.
CLIMATE: The dates for the conference are specifically chosen to occur after the summer rainy season, but before the winter really starts. However, the Karoo weather is unpredictable, so make sure you bring enough warm clothes, blankets and something for the rain. Click here for the weather forecast at Renosterfontein.
ACCOMMODATION IN MIDDELBURG: Contact Rialize at the Information/Toursim Office, 049 842 2188 for bookings or enquiries regarding accommodation in and around Middelburg. Click here for more info regarding accommodation please visit our accommodation page.
- There will be NO Camping Fees.
- The campsite is divided into different blocks (A-E) with each having its own camp commandant, who is able to assist with any matters.
- We do not reserve camping sites for anyone, so you are free to camp in any block (with the exception of the disabled area).
- Besides your caravan and/or tent you will probably require the following camping equipment: Camping chair (that you can take to the sessions as well), table, eating utensils, food/beverages, gas stove, warm clothing (including beanies) & enough bedding. Personal toiletries such as shampoo, soap and toiletpaper.
- Fires in the campsite are strictly prohibited. This includes anything with an opn flame such as a weber.
- There is a designated camping area for disabled persons which is situated next to the stage area and which also has disabled toilets. A special disk needs to be obtained at the entrance gate to gain access to this area.
TOILETS AND SHOWERS: There are temporary toilet facilities as well as hired portable toilets. Please take note that you need to bring your own toilet paper. There are cold water showering facilities that operate during certain hours only, but you are free to bring your own portable shower that you can erect at your campsite.
FOOD: There are vendors near the stage area where you can buy basic take-aways from local charity organisations such as the old-age home, the Hospice and some churches. We do however, recommend that you bring your own food, to ensure you have sufficient to eat.
OTHER FACILITIES & SERVICES AVAILABLE:
- Emergency Services: There are doctors on duty as well as an ambulance should any emergency occur.
- Translation Services: All sessions will be translated not only from English to Afrikaans and vice versa, but also from English/Afrikaans into Xhosa. This will be done via a FM signal which can be listened to on the radio app available on most cell phones. Please bring your own earphones for this purpose.
- Cell Phone Reception: There is reasonable cell phone reception on all the major networks, but is sometimes unpredictable due to the large numbers of people.